Thursday 13 February 2014

Hats, Hats and more hats!

So my hats are ticking along quite nicely at the moment. I've had a few sales, 2 of which are custom orders which I love doing. I had a lovely lady Clare come to see me the other day. She wanted a hat to go with an outfit she had picked out that she is wearing to the Cheltenham festival in a few weeks time. 

Her outfit was made from a lovely tweed fabric with a pop of purple velvet on the collar and cuffs. Originally she was looking at a cloche style hat in purple but as it happened I hat a fedora made up in a taupe wool felt with a purple felt bow around the brim. This went perfectly with the outfit so she decided to go for that instead. I love it when a customer finds something that's just right! I hope she enjoys wearing it and I look forward to seeing some pictures. 

Next I'm planning some new bridal hats ready for spring/summer. I've been making silk flowers and beading lots of pretty lace in preparation so I hope to have some photos to show very soon so stay tuned! 

Love Sally 

No comments:

Post a Comment