Sunday 23 February 2014

The Grand Unveiling!

As discussed in my last post I have been working hard on the new look for my business. So, without further a do, I can now reveal the name I have chosen is........Olive and Betty! I struggled with what to change my name to for a while so looked to what inspires me to do what i do. Olive was my Nanna's name and she was one of my biggest supporters. She always encouraged my creativity and helped me a great deal through college and university. She even bought me my first sewing machine, and her beautiful black and gold Singer sewing machine sits proudly in my work room as a reminder of her. Betty was her sister, my great Aunt and she has been a huge source of inspiration for me. She loved being creative too, and loved many crafts, especially embroidery. I have inherited a lot of her bits and pieces from button, sequins, feathers and all sorts which I use in my work. I was also given her spinning wheel which I am desperate to try out one day! Both Olive and Betty have been a huge part of who I am and what I do and I owe a lot to theme. Naming my business Olive and Betty is my way of thanking them for all of their support and also a way of keeping them involved and a part of my business.

I still have some work to do with changing everything to my new name so at the moment my Etsy shop is still the same. Hopefully everything will be up and running as Olive and Betty very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment