Monday 12 August 2013

Autumn/Winter Collection

After enjoying every last bit of sunshine we've had over the last few months I'm now well aware that Autumn is fast approaching and it's probably time to get my self organised and plan my designs for my Autumn/ Winter hat range. As my Etsy shop is becoming more established I decided I wanted to create a range of full sized hats each season as well my fun little hatties and fascinators. 

So I set about designing my first range. I thought about the styles I wanted to concentrate on and the colours I wanted to work with. I love all the rich autumn colours and decided tweed fabric would be a great fabric to use to create some decorations for the hats. As I like to have the fabrics in front of me to play with and come up with ideas I scoured eBay to find some pieces of fabric to practise on. Tweed is very expensive to buy by the metre but luck was obviously on my side and I came across a seller who had a few bags of genuine Harris Tweed remnants in all sorts of colours and patterns. Perfect! I was so excited to receive my package in the mail and immediately tipped all the pieces onto the table in front of me and waited for inspiration to hit. After playing around for a while I made some little two layered bows from the tweed in complementing colours and thought these would look sweet perching on a beret or on the side of a fedora. 

I adore the rich orange and red tones of this bow and the pretty tartan pattern really makes me think of winter. 

I also created a cute flower which I finished in the middle with a button I covered in contrasting tweed. I used the decorations on a few of the hats I had made up and I really loved the finished look. I want to get a range fedoras and berets on my Etsy shop soon using these pretty tweed decorations. Below are a few sneak previews of the range so far.





Love and Hattiness

Sally x



No comments:

Post a Comment