Tuesday 19 March 2013

New Hat Style.

I've been playing around with a new style of mini top hat. It has a shorter crown and it's so cute! It's a much easier style to wear and seems to suit everyone. I can just see Victorian ladies swanning around with these perching on their up-do's and i have tried to use this as my inspiration for the decoration. Green is my favourite colour and I love the rich tones of the green velvet ribbon against this lovely brown felt. The soft hackle feathers have so much movement in them and sit perfectly behind the ribbon cockade. I want to make a range of these before I put them on my Etsy shop. Using Victorian influences with a hint of steampunk, I'm really excited to put together a collection of these little hats. All I need now is to come up with a name!


The shorter style is so adorable! The hat perches on the head and is held in place with elastic tucked behind the hair. 
I love making these ribbon cockades to decorate my hats. The pretty pewter button really finishes it off perfectly.


I would love to hear what you think of it! Will post more pics soon.

Love and Hattiness,

Sally x

No comments:

Post a Comment